Tuesday, August 16, 2016

One Note Review

          Microsoft One Note is a free application that is accessible to any device. It allows teachers to keep all of their materials like notes, lesson plans, homework assignments, presentations, and answer keys in one place. It can be used to distribute homework to students and for having students submit their homework. Teachers can collaborate on projects. It can be used to  record audio and it can be used to draw on as well. The real advantage of this project is having everything together and easily accessible.
         Although I can see the value in this program and why it would appeal to some teachers, I do not see myself using it. It did not seem intuitive to use, and I had difficulty attaching files, even a word document. I tried attaching a video and the file was too large. My classes are very hands-on in terms of music-making and there is little to no homework. I prefer paper notes and lesson plans.




No comments:

Post a Comment